Movie No. 18 (2015): SANA MAULIT MULI

Sana Maulit Muli (1995)
Director: Olivia Lamasan
Cast: Aga Muhlach, Lea Salonga, Rosemarie Sonora, Tina Paner, Gina Parreno, William Martinez, Tommy Abuel, Cherrie Pie Picache

Looking for the Lea Salonga's interpretation of the song Sana Maulit Muli, I was led by Google to the movie of the same title on You Tube. I remembered seeing the movie 20 years ago during its run at the theaters. I remembered liking it, too. So, I clicked the play button and, before I knew it, I was lured into seeing its entirety. That was the second time I saw the film. I still liked it.

The movie presents a character study in a long-distance relationship. It's not the best film with this milieu and setting, but the exploration of how people change is well justified in the script. Aga Muhlach delivers a believable performance. Lea Salonga is okay although there are a few moments in which she looks like she's acting on stage. That's forgivable given her theater background.

The movie was voted Best Film in 1996 by the Manunuri Ng Pelikulang Pilipino. Aga Muhlach was Best Actor.

Rating: 3.0/4.0

Date seen: February 15, 2015

Comments

Popular Posts