Movie No. 6 (2017): STAR WARS: Episode VI - THE RETURN OF THE JEDI

Star Wars: Episode VI - The Return of the Jedi (1983)
Director: George Lucas
Cast: Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill

I remember seeing all the first three installments of Star Wars some time in 1990s in a span of a week or two. I remember liking the first two more than the third, The Return of the Jedi. But, still, I considered the last installment, which was supposedly the final episode of the series, a good narrative exercise. In fact, I considered the movies as one long movie. This way, I can say, the series was a masterpiece. 

To have seen the movie on Star Movies today is only the second time to see it in full. While the excitement that I felt seeing it the first time has dwindled, I can't deny that the movie, considering all the aspects of a good movie, is a masterpiece, considering it as a par
t of the original three-part series. In fact, the so-called Episodes 1, 2, and 3 made more than 20 years later, in my opinion, were not necessary to maintain the status of the earlier episodes (the so-called Episodes 4, 5, and 6) as masterpiece.

Rating: 4.0/4.0

Date seen: January 22, 2017


Comments

Popular Posts