Movie No. 40 (2017): PETE'S DRAGON

Pete's Dragon (2016)
Director: David Lowery
Cast: Oakes Fegley, Bryce Dallas Howard, Robert Redford, Wes Bentley

Pete is an orphan. Elliott is a dragon. They friends. Their story is told the Disney way and we know what to expect.

This is kid's flick. Surprisingly, I was lured into seeing it as it was airing on TV because I remembered seeing the 1970's version of the movie. It was a long time ago and I couldn't remember what it was about. I only remembered the basic premise: orphan boy met dragon in the forest and they became friends. The rest was a blur.

This present adaptation somehow refreshed me the story of the unlikely friendship between the boy and the dragon and how they would stick together despite all odds. 

I enjoyed it.

Rating: 3.0/4.0

Date seen: July 2, 2017

Comments

Popular Posts