Movie No. 78 (2017): MY EX AND WHYS

My Ex and Whys (2017)
Director: Cathy Garcia Molina
Cast: Enrique Gil, Liza Soberano
In Tagalog, with occasional English and Korean


If there's one good thing I can say about the movie, it's this: Liza Soberano is really pretty. That's it. Everything else about it is recycled trash. And there's a good market for it. 

I saw the movie on Kapamilya Megablockbusters one lazy Sunday. Curiosity glued my attention to the movie. Judging from the first 10 or 20 minutes, I should have done something else. But then, I was hoping for a relief or some redeeming elements in the last few frames. So I stayed, only to witness an ending that I've seen gazillion times in many local romcoms. Imagination, nowadays, is dead. The Ryan Bang subplot is pilit na pilit. The acting of the lead characters are uninspired and mechanical.

My verdict?

Silly. Inane, Horrible.

Rating: 0.1/4.0

Date seen: November 5, 2017 (on TV)



Comments

Popular Posts