Movie No. 15 (2019): CHRISTOPHER ROBIN

Christopher Robin (2018)
Director: Marc Forster
Cast: Ewan McGregor, Hayley Atwell

I never outgrew my fondness with Pooh and Piglet. So, I saw practically all animated about or with Winnie the Pooh. I admit Pooh and his friend look much better in animated format. 

This live action format (Christopher Robin) is a little disenchanting. But, still it works because the focus of the narrative is Christopher Robin. It's a good thing that before seeing this movie, I was already aware of the metaphor representations of the characters of the Hundred Acre Land. Or, should I say that such characters are simply 'personifications' of Christopher Robin's state of being during his childhood. And we know that this so called child in him never really left or grew, but have remained confined in Hundred Acre Land. So, it's easy to see in cinematic fashion how these characters are connected to Christopher Robin. I really like what I saw and felt about the movie.

Rating: 3.5/4.0

Date seen: July 16, 2019


Comments

Popular Posts