No, I'm not going to Ax the Universe!

To ax something means to end it without warning. So, it's not possible to ax the universe. The universe is as ageless and infinite as time.

I have really fallen in love and connected with the Beatles song, Across The Universe, since it was performed by Rufus Wainwright in a show paying tribute to John Lennon. Then in Season 7 of American Idol, Michael Johns did his own fresh interpretation of the song. Finally, in Julie Taymor's 2007 (musical) film of the same title, the Jim Sturgess' awesome version of the song made me decide that the song will be in my list of best songs ever written. The first lines of the song, I think, are very appropriate for this blog that I've just created.

Words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither as they pass, they slip away across the universe

I am going to post in this blog just anything as long as no one gets hurt. The nightly dreams, so surreal as they always are, that I try to recall before I rise every morning, will be a fixture in this blog. I read from somewhere that recalling the details in a dream is a good exercise to improve one's memory. These days I seem to have short-term memory. Ha ha ha.

The other posts, as I say, are just anything. Call them random thoughts, stream of consciousness, or thoughts that "meander like a restless wind inside a letter box." Then let these thoughts stumble blindly as they make their way across the universe. Ha ha ha.

Comments

Popular Posts