Three Movies





















I saw (only) three films during the last four weeks. Not on the big screen though. I'm quite disappointed with In My Life after all the promotions craze. The film itself is, I should say, disappointing. Vilma's character is poorly written although the actress delivered well despite her performance in this film not as good as her performances in Bata, Bata, Paano ka Ginawa and Sister Stella L. There are some who said that John Lloyd Cruz eclipsed her in their confrontation scene. I agree.

Cassandra's Dream is like a Hitchcock movie although one can still notice the Woody Allen feel of the movie. Good script. Good film.

In You Can Count On Me, Laura Linney gave a performance to remember. Now, I even become more disappointed that Julia Roberts won Best Actress at the Academy Awards in 2000. Definitely, Ellen Burstyn (Requiem For A Dream) gave the best and nerve-wracking performance during that year. Laura Linney, in my opinion, after, watching this film, comes second. Julia Roberts as Erin Brockovich should have been poor third or fourth. I wonder why Mark Ruffalo, who played Laura Linney's character's wayward younger brother, did not get nod during that year.

Ratings: You Can Count On Me (3.5/4.0); Cassandra's Dream (3.5/4.0); In My Life (2.0/4.0)

Comments

Popular Posts