Vanished In The Crowd

The boy walked in a hurry. No one seemed to notice he's there in the almost dense crowd like a fluid seeking any possible cavity it could flow through. Negligent of the boy, each of the people in crowd who stood in the boy's way automatically cleared the way for the boy as if on reflex. Each of the people in the crowd appeared to be doing a unique thing while moving to who knows where. I saw one man dragging a sack with one of his hands. There was an old woman who fanned herself briskly with a cardboard. A youngster in what looked like a high school uniform walked while reading a book. A fish vendor with dirty apron and a pail filled with silver colored fish yelled "Tamban!" A male nurse playing with a stethoscope. A Miss Tapiash spinster praying the rosary. A fat lady dragging her cat. I saw Aser, high school classmate, clad in jogging pants and hooded sweater; he was jogging. Rachel, a friend and former colleague while I was still working in Pentax, was there, in chef's outfit. She was scribbling on a small note pad. I can't remember what the others were doing. I'm quite sure there were other people in the crowd. This is just a dream and it's quite rare that one almost remembers all things he or she saw in the dream. So how did the dream end? I lost the boy because some interesting people or faces in the crowd caught my attention. He vanished in the crowd. Before I returned to waking life, the last scene I saw, which lingered in me, was a pair of dirty slippers unintentionally being stepped on or thrashed by the multitude of busy feet of the crowd, hiding in a diversely designed and colored foot wears. Probably, the slippers were the boy's.

Comments

deutsche said…
wow, another dream!

Popular Posts