Book No. 3 (2014): SCENES FROM VILLAGE LIFE

Scenes From Village Life
Author: Amos Oz

Scenes From Village Life consists of eight stories which are related. I can even say such stories have common theme. Some stories even share characters. The allegories and some hints of surrealism make the stories even more mysterious and interesting. I don't seem to understand completely the actions of some characters; I can take this as something that maintains intrigue. Some stories are disturbing, but this doesn't mean they're not interesting. The precise words used by Amos Oz, in my opinion, have easily made their way to my consciousness to discern the ambivalence of some characters who seem to be still nurturing the scars of Israel's past.

Rating: 3.5/5.0

Date read: April 24, 2014

Comments

Popular Posts