Movie No. 76 (2017); THE DA VINCI CODE

The Da Vinci Code (2006)
Director: Ron Howard
Cast: Tom Hanks, Audrey, Tautou, Jean Reno

I didn't read the book because everyone was reading it and I knew there would be a screen adaptation. It's a good thing I didn't read the book because I was spared from comparing it with the book. I'm the kind who believes that a movie and the book from which the movie is adapted should never be compared. They are completely different media. There are aspects of literature that are difficult to translate into screen.

So, while there was a negative hype against the adaptation, I still found the movie as a well made thriller when I first saw it. I never planned to see it again. But, my recent trip which made me visit some interesting places that were seen in the movie prompted me to see it again. I was delighted.

I still believe though that Tom Hanks's portrayal of the Robert Langdon character is wanting. 

Rating: 2.5/4.0

Date seen: October 18, 2017


Comments

Popular Posts