Yes, It's Spring Time

There was always the possibility of rain yesterday. In fact, the scattered thick and fluffy blue-gray clouds almost couldn’t contain their muffled giggles as the soft wind tickles them. This affable mischief would make the clouds spew out sprinkles of light rain which was not bad at all. This muffled rain was not the kind that could make one catch cold. Walking under the wind-blown flurry-like yet gentle spray at noon-time was an experience that someday in the future I would miss. It’s only once in a long while that I experience this.

I was going to have lunch. The sun has not completely shied away. I could feel its presence for it buffered the coldness the pseudo-rain has brought.

The campus had been almost a ghost-town-like estate for almost four weeks until yesterday, the first day of the Spring Semester. The tranquil atmosphere was once again agitated, not in the negative way though, by the free-spirited students of CYCU who’d exchange multi-pitched nonsense talks (I suppose) on their way to have lunch. Oblivious of the light rain, there (some of) the girls were parading in their grotesque sense of fashion once again. Yes, these girls were likewise oblivious of whatever the discriminating eyes’ take on their getup were. I was tempted to suppose it was this sight that the soft wind whispered to the clouds that'd almost make the latter burst into laughter. The girls on the other hand couldn’t care less about the eyes and the clouds' spittle. I admire them for this kind of attitude. I couldn’t say much about the male students fashion here. Most of them are conservative when it comes to grooming. Filipino male students are twice more vain.

I had a good lunch.

Today’s weather is much better than yesterday’s. There is no rain. The sun proudly showers rays of light, but the cold breeze blowing on the ground makes me want to go back to the apartment and sleep. What a lovely weather. Even the trees look tranquil.

I am going to have lunch. On my way to my favorite in-campus restaurant, I’m looking forward to first have my non-discriminating eyes feast on a fashion show, the kind where the mannequins are real people that I will meet in the campus from all directions . I will see clearly, without the rain. That’s entertainment! The sunlight, the ladies in tights, ... (The original lyrics: The lights on the lady in tights ...)
-o-
Forecast promises a week of this kind of soft weather. I can just hope.

Comments

Popular Posts