Gabriel Garcia Marquez: LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA

Finally, I managed to finish Love In The Time Of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. This is not the first work of the author that I read. Many years ago I read One Hundred Years Of Solitude, In Evil Hour, Leaf Storm, Erendira, and six of the stories in Strange Pilgrims. Of these, I found One Hundred Years Of Solitude the best. In fact, it had became one of my favorite books that I had planned to re-read it in the future. Love In The Time Of Cholera is a latest addition to my list of favorite books of all time although I find One Hundred Years Of Solitude better than it.

Love In The Time Of Cholera is a story of unrequited love and the other different faces of love both the protagonists, Florentino Ariza and Fermina Daza, experienced during the more than fifty years that separated the day when Fermina rejected Florentino's love and that day when Fermina's husband died. The book made me drift in the rich details of what occupied the main characters during the half -century-long wait. It certainly worked for me.

Highly recommended.

Rating: 5.0/5.0

{5 March 2010}

Comments

deutsche said…
I wish I have the time to read it too!

Popular Posts