Film Review: Bully

This is Alex, one of the subjects in the documentary 
Bully (Lee Hirsch, 2011)

Bully, a.k.a. The Bully Project, is a documentary film on a sensitive subject that is peer-to-peer bullying in schools across the United States. 

I have heard (or read) about bullying among peers and its effect on the bullied individuals but the film, having had tackled some sensitive issues arising from bullying, is still an eye-opener. It's heart-breaking to learn of the plight of some individuals, dead or alive, who are featured in the film. I'm not sure if it's made to make the audience feel that way. However, the attempt to establish the connection between being bullied and suicide, I guess, is wanting.

Rating: 3.0/4.0

Note: This was the 3rd (and last) film I saw on my flight from Manila to New York on October 28, 2012.

Comments

Popular Posts