Movie No. 138. Cinemalaya 2013: REKORDER

Rekorder (2013)
Director: Mikhail Red
Cast: Ronnie Quizon, Mike Lloren, Buboy Villar
In Tagalog, with English subtitles

Synopsis: The film tells the story of a former 1980s film cameraman who now currently works as a movie pirate operating in present day Manila. He routinely smuggles a digital camera into movie theaters in order to illegally record films. One night he records something else. And the footage goes viral.

One needs patience to appreciate this film. I almost lost mine; I almost walked out. It could be sleep-inducing. However, the curiosity in me made me wide awake, hoping everything would make sense in the end. I was glad I stayed until the end. Indeed, it all made sense in the end.

Some plus points for this film are the message it tries to relay to the audience and the effective portrayal of Ronnie Quizon as the lead character. I could feel his "distance." The final scenes would make you understand why his character would act like that.

Rating: 3.0/4.0

Date seen: July 28, 2013

Comments

Popular Posts