Movie No. 28 (2016): BONIFACIO, ANG UNANG PANGULO

Bonifacio, Ang Unang Pangulo (2014)
Director: Enzo Williams
Cast: Robin Padilla, Vina Morales

I saw the movie a while ago on ABS-CBN, a special Independece Day presentation of the network.

The movie is another extrapolation of the so-called 'untold' story of Andres Bonifacio. However, it doesn't give fresh historical perspective. It only attempts at giving a different cinematic presentation. Generally the movie is okay, particularly in the technical aspects. 

There were scenes that, for a while, made me think I was watching an action movie. Maybe, that's a failure in editing. But, that's minor. My biggest problem with the movie movie was that I was never convinced that Robin Padilla was Bonifacio. What I saw was Robin Padilla desperately trying to be Bonifacio. I don't have the idea about the mannerisms of the real Bonifacio. But, Robin Padilla should have, at least, made a consistent character far from his persona.

Rating: 2.0/4.0

Date seen: June 12, 2016

Comments

Popular Posts