Captain Erap

The world of dreams is indeed twisted. Here's what I got last night; it made me chuckle when I woke up:

Erap was back in power. The dailies reported that 100% of the registered voters in a district in Novaliches voted for him to be their Barangay Captain. Even his only opponent who, in the dream, I never got a chance to know, voted for him. Immediately after he was sworn to office, he went house to house to invite people under his constituency to be members of his cabinet. Cabinet for a Barangay level government? Why not? At one point it was my door Erap was knocking on. I didn't open the door for him. The upper half of the door was made of transparent glass. We could see and hear each other from the opposite sides. With him was a male bodyguard about my height and a black dog. I asked him what he wanted. He said he wanted me to be his Secretary of Public Works. I declined and explained to him that I'm a chemical engineer. "It's not a problem," he said. "I can send my bodyguard to Recto to get a Mechanical Engineering diploma for you. Besides, no one says NO to me."
"I will," protested I. "No!"
I saw the dog laugh, soudless though. A chuckle. Then Erap cried. He said, "It's my first day in the office and you're the first one to say NO to me. I think I have to resign as soon as possible and recommend to the Supreme Court that you replace me."
"Ok," said I.
The bodyguard pulled a gun from his pocket and poked it on the dog. Erap said, "Don't." And I let the dog in.
I woke up.

Comments

Popular Posts