Film Review: Hugo


HUGO (Martin Scorsese, 2011)

A scene in Martin Scorsese's Hugo
Martin Scorsese, in a film that seems to be a departure from his unforgettable masterpieces, adapts New York Times bestseller: Brian Selznick’s “The Invention of Hugo Cabret.” This film is, in all aspects, brilliant. Watching the film made me forget that the film I was watching was Martin Scorsese’s. This director has proven, time and again, that he can shift from one genre to another, producing good to excellent films that most people appreciate. The film is Martin Scorsese in one of his bests.

In this film Hugo Cabret tries to unlock the mystery behind the automaton he and his father had been trying to fix together before the latter died. In the process, he will discover secrets that will affect people he knows as well as people who know him in a way or another.

This film reminds me in the first place why I love the movies.

I will watch it again in 3D.

Rating: 4.0/4.0

Comments

Popular Posts