Movie No. 64 (2018): AMERICAN PASTORAL

American Pastoral (2016)
Director: Ewan McGregor
Cast: Ewan McGregor, Jennifer Connely, Dakota Fanning

I've read several books by Philip Roth, but not American Pastoral yet. I know I'm going to read it some time in the future. Philip Roth is a great writer based on his works that I've read so far. I read mostly glaring reviews of American Pastoral, the novel. Its synopsis suggests the novel's grandness. So, that's what I'm expecting from the movie adaptation. The execution is not bad. Actually, if I hadn't read critical acclaim of the novel and the novel's synopsis, I would consider this a well-made  technically for directorial debut. My only complaint is that, I can't feel the movie's grandness despite the its theme, and premise.

Rating: 2.5/4.0

Date seen: September 30, 2018

Comments

Popular Posts