John Le Carre: OUR KIND OF TRAITOR

I saw several films adapted from Le Carre's books (The Constant Gardener, The Tailor of Panama, The Spy Who Came In From The Cold); I liked them and actually got curious how such stories would look like when read. Our Kind of Traitor is my first attempt.

Like in any stories (film or book) of this genre, there seems to be no such such this as chance encounters. I don't know how Le Carre wrote his previous books but I like the way he does it in this book . Some characters are unconventional and interesting. For example: one character, who is a criminal, takes time to read Charlotte Bronte while taking a recess from his criminal activities. 

Though I'm not sure if the ending is the best way the novel should end, I enjoyed the book and my interest on this book was sustained until the end.

Rating: 3.0/5.0

Comments

Popular Posts